What is a dental implant?
Dental implants can replace a single tooth or many teeth, and provide a permanent solution that will let you smile, laugh and enjoy your favourite foods with confidence. Dental implants are specially-made titanium screws placed in the jawbone to serve as a firm foundation for a new tooth or denture that looks and feels completely natural.
Is an implant right for you?
Implants can provide a permanent alternative to bridgework or dentures. It is virtually impossible to distinguish an implant-supported tooth from a natural tooth.
- Look and feel like natural teeth.
- Allow you to speak, smile and eat with confidence – unlike many bridges and dentures that often loosen and cause embarrassment.
- Require no special care, just brushing and flossing like your natural teeth.
What are the steps to getting an implant?
If you recently lost a tooth or have full or partial dentures, you might want to consider a dental implant. Getting an implant is basically a three part process:
- An anchor – a titanium screw – is embedded in the jaw bone.
- A post is inserted into the anchor to hold an artificial tooth.
- The artificial tooth is attached to the post.
How permanent are Dental Implants?
When permanent teeth are lost, irrespective of the cause or number of teeth, dental implants give you “new lease on life.” They are superior to other choices because they are solid, secure, and aesthetic. After nearly 35 years of use, they have a 95-98% proven success rate in appropriately chosen cases.
What Dental Implants can do for you:
- Accelerate and activate your life
- Provide a foundation for teeth that look, feel and function like natural teeth
- Conserve your existing natural teeth
- Support a bridge – eliminating the need for a removable partial denture.
- Provide support for a removable denture, making it more secure and comfortable.
- Improve appearance and self-confidence
- Eliminate pain when chewing food with removable teeth
- Help maintain bone structure and facial features
- Maintain a more youthful and healthy appearance.
- Allow you to eat your favourite foods again
- Provide comfort and convenience
Implant retained Dentures
A new way of life can be created for you and your dentures. You will talk without denture clatter and smile without wavering. Now is the chance to feel good about yourself; be healthier, happier and look younger. Due to Colin’s post graduate training in the UK, dental implants can be provided from start to finish at Greville Dental, and does not involve any cross referral.